"Do you currently hold a valid work permit? If yes, please provide details."

Jimpix

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hello,

I am answering the following two questions in relation to a direct Training Contract application. I would appreciate some input, as it is not entirely obvious to me how detailed my second answer should be.

Do you require a work permit to work in the UK?
No

Do you currently hold a valid work permit? If yes, please provide details.
Pre-settled status valid until August 2026

How detailed should my second answer be?
- Should I include details about my broken continuous residence? I left the UK late June 2021 and did not spend the required 6/12 months in the UK during 2021. I think this could potentially be relevant because of the 5 years of continuous residence required to qualify for settled status further down the road. By the time my pre-settled status expires, I would not have 5 years of continuous residence in the UK, and I am unsure of the effect of this.

Thank you in advance. :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I am answering the following two questions in relation to a direct Training Contract application. I would appreciate some input, as it is not entirely obvious to me how detailed my second answer should be.

Do you require a work permit to work in the UK?
No

Do you currently hold a valid work permit? If yes, please provide details.
Pre-settled status valid until August 2026

How detailed should my second answer be?
- Should I include details about my broken continuous residence? I left the UK late June 2021 and did not spend the required 6/12 months in the UK during 2021. I think this could potentially be relevant because of the 5 years of continuous residence required to qualify for settled status further down the road. By the time my pre-settled status expires, I would not have 5 years of continuous residence in the UK, and I am unsure of the effect of this.

Thank you in advance. :)
What you have provided is sufficient - no other details would be required.

Reactions: AvniD and James Carrabino

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.