DWF Open Day - 50 word work experience section

Lauren

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 16, 2018
Hi, I am looking at DWF's open day application but am struggling with the 50 word limit in the work experience section. I was wondering what this the best way to approach this section when I only can say 2-3 sentences max?

Should I pick out key skills such as in the below example for paralegal work but limit description?

"I utilise problem solving and organisational skills to balance competing tasks across practice areas, ensuring progress towards final deadlines is noted. I regularly communicate with associates in London litigation team to return tasks relating to a long running matter. I use my initiative encountering hurdles which endanger the final deadline"

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I am looking at DWF's open day application but am struggling with the 50 word limit in the work experience section. I was wondering what this the best way to approach this section when I only can say 2-3 sentences max?

Should I pick out key skills such as in the below example for paralegal work but limit description?

"I utilise problem solving and organisational skills to balance competing tasks across practice areas, ensuring progress towards final deadlines is noted. I regularly communicate with associates in London litigation team to return tasks relating to a long running matter. I use my initiative encountering hurdles which endanger the final deadline"
I’d personally focus on responsibilities and outcomes rather than skills, unless the firms has explicitly told you to focus on skills.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.