DWF VI

Congrats guys - me too!

Looking at the website it says there will be situational and competency questions so I was going to prep:

- Why DWF
- My strengths
- A couple of situations 'what would you do if...' kind of questions
- A recent news article (to be safe)

It does not say how long the questions are but in the past (for different apps), I have had one prep and one minute answer time.

Good luck everyone.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys, congratulations!

Here are some threads to help you all with your prep.

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....w-firm-interviews-monday-article-series.3286/

Angiee

Sep 30, 2019
Hi everyone, congrats on getting through to the VI, I also got through! The first 5 questions are 2 minutes long and the last question is 2 and a half minutes. I haven’t done it yet but I did the practice ones. One of the practice q’s was about the purpose of the role and the second one was about why you chose your college to study (v random I felt). Anyways, good luck with all of your VI’s! ☺️

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi everyone, congrats on getting through to the VI, I also got through! The first 5 questions are 2 minutes long and the last question is 2 and a half minutes. I haven’t done it yet but I did the practice ones. One of the practice q’s was about the purpose of the role and the second one was about why you chose your college to study (v random I felt). Anyways, good luck with all of your VI’s! ☺️
Thanks Angiee this is helpfu! If you don't mind me asking, where did you do the practice ones?

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
Thank you so much for this I’m yet to do the practice! Good luck everyone!

NadineBusty

Valued Member
Aug 21, 2019
I bombed it :( onward and upward...

Sad Ice Cream GIF

Reactions: Andrew M

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Yeah, mine was... not good. I really didn't like how the practice questions were 30 seconds and then the real ones were 2 minutes. I was taking too long in the practice questions and so ended up rushing in the real ones, then realising I had loads of time left and talking absolute waffle.

Good luck to those who haven't done it yet! The questions themselves are actually pretty straightforward. :)

Reactions: Renemccarthy

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.