Exam during vacation scheme.

SGA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I'm struggling on how to approach this. I have a potential spring vac scheme scheduled but I have just been told that I have a university assessment during the spring holidays that I cannot miss. Would firms be accommodating to the fact that I may have to miss a morning to go do the assessment or would this compromise my chances of doing well on the vac scheme? I don't want to confirm any offers until I'm sure.

Thanks!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I'm struggling on how to approach this. I have a potential spring vac scheme scheduled but I have just been told that I have a university assessment during the spring holidays that I cannot miss. Would firms be accommodating to the fact that I may have to miss a morning to go do the assessment or would this compromise my chances of doing well on the vac scheme? I don't want to confirm any offers until I'm sure.

Thanks!

They will be fine, just let them know in advance.

I had my graduation ceremony during one of my schemes and the firm was great. It would only be a bit weird if you were leaving the firm to interview at another firm.

Reactions: SGA

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.