EY eligibility dilemma

Aspiringsolicitor2002

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2023
Hi guys. I have an issue I have been invited to an AC for EY next week for their graduate program (Training Contract) however it states that you need to have completed either the LPC or its equivalent by Sept 2024 (when the TC starts). I have not started either and thought that I could simply enrol on an accelerated LPC course if I got the offer.

However I have found out no one is offering the accelerated LPC course anymore and the earliest I can complete either the LPC or SQE is in October.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what to do now. I thought I could either explain the situation to EY now and hope they consider me instead for their vacation scheme (however I am a graduate and they only take undergrads for their VS) or I could do the AC get an offer and then tell EY hoping that as they are willing to give a job they will be more flexible in letting me do the VS instead or maybe deferring the TC to start in 2025.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.