EY paralegal interview

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi, I have a paralegal interview at EY coming up and looking for some advice please. I think it will be largely competency based, but wondering how best to approach this due to the role not being based within a traditional law firm. Thanks!

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi, I have a paralegal interview at EY coming up and looking for some advice please. I think it will be largely competency based, but wondering how best to approach this due to the role not being based within a traditional law firm. Thanks!
Hey @lellie23,

Congratulations on being progressed to interview! From my perspective, in principle I see no reason to prepare differently for an interview with EY. If you haven't seen this post already, it should give you an idea of my approach to all of my interviews (at a range of firms/companies). I hope that this might be helpful.

That being said, I have no direct experience either with paralegal interviews, or with the Big 4's legal departments. So my advice would be to reach out to other paralegals at EY (or those with experience of paralegalling at the Big 4). Ask them about the style of interview and how they prepared. I cannot stress how useful this can be!

Do let me know if I can help with your preparation any further. I would be delighted to if I can!

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Thank you for getting back to me @George Maxwell :) As you suggested, I did reach out to someone I knew at EY (not a paralegal, but in the Legal and Tax group) and they were helpful. Overall, I think it went ok and hope to hear back next week about whether I progress to stage 2 🤞

• 🏆
Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Thank you for getting back to me @George Maxwell :) As you suggested, I did reach out to someone I knew at EY (not a paralegal, but in the Legal and Tax group) and they were helpful. Overall, I think it went ok and hope to hear back next week about whether I progress to stage 2 🤞
Hey @lellie23,

It's great to hear from you! I'm so glad that you found speaking to someone helpful. Let me know when you find out!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.