Failed LLM Project (next steps)

HarrietGrey

Sep 16, 2023
I believe that I may have failed my LLM element of Law Foundations Course at BPP, and I had a few questions regarding next steps. At present I don't intend on resitting the Professional Project (if I don't have to), and would like to know more about the interim exit award (the PGDL). Therefore I was wondering whether there would be any evidence that I failed the Professional Project on either my transcript or diploma certificate.

I am also interested in knowing whether there are any ramifications with the SRA for failing the Professional Project as there are with failure of the core PGDL modules. I did particularly well in my PGDL, and would not mind graduating with it; I would however be relatively annoyed if the LLM element of the course tarnished my qualification in any way.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have lost count how many times people think they have failed a module and haven’t.

However if that is the case, there are no ramifications from the SRA’s perspective. If you are doing the SQE route, you don’t need the PGDL and if you are doing the LPC route, all you will need is the PGDL, rather than a masters.

I suspect a failure will be somewhere in your transcripts though, and you’d need to declare it if asked by a firm in their application process.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.