Failed Schemes? Motivation?

wwood

Distinguished Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi guys! I notice that the vac scheme thread pretty much centers on practical tips e.g. how to do well, what not to do, what to do etc., but there is no post on specific experience! The vac scheme diaries are great, but they focus more on the legal experience.

I am wondering whether there are any personal stories on failed vac schemes - or how a vac schemer turned an unpleasant experience into a pleasant one. I do have one failed scheme - I will share it with you guys soon :)

Meanwhile, I heard from my friends that a girl was isolated by the lawyers who share a room with her - but she persisted, befriending other lawyers in other departments. She even went as far to request accompanying a lawyer to a due diligence trip (which no one likes to go generally). In the end, she got a TC offer.

A huge thank you to the amazing members of the forum who scored TCs ultimately at their favourite firms for their amazing advice! I'm quite interested in knowing more from others on the forum though, and I believe it might be useful or encouraging to those who are having a rough time!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.