Failed ULAW BLP

LegalEagle999

Standard Member
Jul 25, 2022
Hi guys I have a question, I failed blp at ulaw on my first attempt I’m now concerned does this mean that my whole grade is capped irrespective of how well I do going forward? I was very close to the pass mark so feel very disheartened and disappointed but 😞

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that, that must be so frustrating. As far as I understand, that does unfortunately cap your grade to a maximum of a pass as the other grades have a requirement to pass grade weighted modules at the first attempt.

Make sure you take the opportunity to talk with your tutor about it - I think they're obliged to give you feedback in the circumstances

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
Sep 2, 2020
Yes, I believe it is an SRA rule imposed on the providers such as BPP and ULaw. However just do the best you can in the resit and everything else. There is nothing else to be done if there are no grounds for appeal.

LegalEagle999

Standard Member
Jul 25, 2022
I’m not sure what kinds of grounds for appeal there are on the ulaw policies but I’ve sent them an email to ask and enquire about it as my on the exam day itself I was actually very unwell during the exam itself so definitely think that’s impaired my ability not sure if I can submit a concessions (with medical evidence of course) and have that attempt disregarded and instead retake as a first attempt.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’m not sure what kinds of grounds for appeal there are on the ulaw policies but I’ve sent them an email to ask and enquire about it as my on the exam day itself I was actually very unwell during the exam itself so definitely think that’s impaired my ability not sure if I can submit a concessions (with medical evidence of course) and have that attempt disregarded and instead retake as a first attempt.
They usually have a fit to sit policy which means you typically have to declare illness before the assessment rather than retrospectively unfortunately.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, noted sure I’ve messaged the uni in any regard and will see what they say. Is there any possibility to let them know that you felt unwell during the course of the exam itself or?
I don’t know the specifics - but if you didn’t report it at the time the exam took place, I very much doubt they will be able to consider it unfortunately.

Nelcypatel

Jul 5, 2023
Hi LegalEagle999,

Have you recieved any update with any kind of adjustments by ULaw? I wanted to know in case if we failed in one of the module from whole course, what are the options available to us as students, if you could help me with it. Thanks and hope you get your best next time if they won't allow you to work out for this time.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.