Fieldfisher 2023/24 Direct TC Application

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
I have seen multiple posts on the forum asking about Fieldfisher 2024 TC application. Perhaps it would be useful to alert each other on the same thread?

(To raise awareness I am going to tag all of the 2024 TC applicants I saw on the forum, sorry for the inconvenience! @KceeCan @Zoe_H02 @AspiringIPLawyer @TCG)

Just to be sure, has anyone heard anything post app?

Also, @LawfulRust00 did you apply for 2024 TC?

Thank you all so much! I really wish you all good luck. It's just a bit strange to not have any movement at all since the deadline. Are they still dealing with 2023 TC applicants?

Reactions: TCG

Z_H02

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2022
Heard nothing... how long does it take for people to receive their online test invitations post app? I am a bit worried tbh.

Last edited:

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
I thought someone has received PFO from Fieldfisher? Bear in mind that Fieldfisher only offers TC applications and does not have VS this year.

Hello, @kmax301, welcome to the thread! May I ask did you apply for Fieldfisher 2023 or 24 TC?

TCG

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
@John Doe Have you received your test invitation yet? My application status still says "application being processed" wbu?
Btw, thanks for starting the thread! Good to know I'm not the only one panicking :p
My application says the same.
I applied on 17/01, received the test invite on 22/1, took the test on 25/1 and received the feedback on 27/01. Nothing else since then...

A

AspiringIPLawyer

Hi! I applied for the 2024 TC on the deadline (4th Feb) and other than an email straightaway saying 'Thank you for submitting your application' I haven't heard anything. I haven't even been sent the online tests so looks like I'm in the same situation as @Zoe_H02!

Last year (2021) I applied in June for the 2023 TC and was sent an invite to do the tests 2 days after applying. Only to be sent an email an email nearly a month later saying that as they recruit on a rolling basis they had already filled all the vacancies! (Why they made me do the test if they had filled the positions I don't know 😂)

Hopefully we'll all hear some more from them soon 🤞🏼

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Hi All!

I also applied for 2024 TC and have not been sent any tests. Are the tests automatic?

If they haven't processed 2023 apps by now, I'm guessing us 2024 applicants will be waiting awhile. It's so weird how some firms are already doing ACs and we haven't even heard back.

A

AspiringIPLawyer

@KceeCan I guess also because they are TC applications as they aren't running a VS this year, they have little reason to rush through the applications and maybe are looking at them more than they might have done in previous years.

Last year I certainly got the impression that the tests were automatic, but considering it has been over two weeks since I submitted by app and I haven't had it sent through, maybe they aren't this year?

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app?

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    @KceeCan I guess also because they are TC applications as they aren't running a VS this year, they have little reason to rush through the applications and maybe are looking at them more than they might have done in previous years.

Last year I certainly got the impression that the tests were automatic, but considering it has been over two weeks since I submitted by app and I haven't had it sent through, maybe they aren't this year?

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app?
    I see! I’m so confused as to why there’s a 2023/2024 overlap. When was the deadline for 2023?

I submitted my app on 2 Feb - just before the deadline. Hate this waiting game!

Reactions: AspiringIPLawyer

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hello, fellow Fieldfisher applicants. I have just received an online test invitation from Fieldfisher. It's a Cappfinity Strengths assessment test and the link is valid for 5 days. (NB I applied for 2024).

@AspiringIPLawyer, do you mind revealing a bit what was the test like for you last year? 😬

Also CC @KceeCan as a 2024 applicant.

A

AspiringIPLawyer

Hello, fellow Fieldfisher applicants. I have just received an online test invitation from Fieldfisher. It's a Cappfinity Strengths assessment test and the link is valid for 5 days. (NB I applied for 2024).

@AspiringIPLawyer, do you mind revealing a bit what was the test like for you last year? 😬

Also CC @KceeCan as a 2024 applicant.
    Hi, glad to hear you have received the online test, when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

I actually can't remember what the test was like last year 😬 I've looked through my emails and I received a feedback report which told me my 'top three strengths' and a development strength. I seem to remember it was a SST (having to rate what you would do in a particular situation) so I would recommend going back over their values/what they look for in a trainee and have them in mind whilst doing it. I can't remember whether there was a verbal or critical reasoning test attached to it, sorry I couldn't be more help! Good luck 💪🏼🙌🏼

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hi, glad to hear you have received the online test, when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

I actually can't remember what the test was like last year 😬 I've looked through my emails and I received a feedback report which told me my 'top three strengths' and a development strength. I seem to remember it was a SST (having to rate what you would do in a particular situation) so I would recommend going back over their values/what they look for in a trainee and have them in mind whilst doing it. I can't remember whether there was a verbal or critical reasoning test attached to it, sorry I couldn't be more help! Good luck 💪🏼🙌🏼
    Thank you! This is already very helpful. Although I suspect that given it's a "strengths assessment", it doesn't sound to me that there will be any verbal element (i.e. video, which I am not very good at). Besides, there isn't much information given in the email. I'd think in such a case, a straightforward SST seems likely (I'd give it a 75% likelihood!).

I applied on 31/1. To be honest, this just meant that I wasn't a deadline fighter, but I certainly would hope to avoid the fate that I completed the online test just to find out that they have filled every slot! Fingers crossed.

Fieldfisher is my best chance at this point, so I hope things will work out. I hope you will hear from them very soon, too!

Last edited:

NCLaw

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 5, 2018
    Hey! I applied for the 2023 TC on 30/01 and haven't heard anything since either. My application on the portal is still being processed. Has anyone heard of anyone that has heard back after submitting their app around this time?

• 🤝
    Reactions: TCG and LawfulRust00

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hello, fellow Fieldfisher applicants. I have just submitted my online test. Well, one can never be certain about the future - but has anyone had any experience with Fieldfisher's telephone interview? 🙂

shootingstar

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 6, 2020
    Hey! I applied for the 2023 TC on 30/01 and haven't heard anything since either. My application on the portal is still being processed. Has anyone heard of anyone that has heard back after submitting their app around this time?
    Hey there! I have also applied for the 2023 TC and also right before the deadline. I have just received an invite for the online test today - so don't feel too disheartened yet, it is very likely that they are just taking their time processing the applications.

Reactions: John Doe, Z_H02 and NCLaw

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.