firms still accepting lpc

S

selfcarequeenzzz1

hi - does anyone know what firms are still accepting the lpc when recruiting? i am doing the lpc rn and don't want to have to do the SQE too 😅😅

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
hi - does anyone know what firms are still accepting the lpc when recruiting? i am doing the lpc rn and don't want to have to do the SQE too 😅😅
I suppose it really should be fine until 2024 and I'm unsure if your self-funded LPC is impacted by a firm's decision to choose the SQE route for their trainees- I think it would still count and your recruitment would not be negatively affected by it! Tagging @Jessica Booker for a second opinion!

Reactions: selfcarequeenzzz1

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I suppose it really should be fine until 2024 and I'm unsure if your self-funded LPC is impacted by a firm's decision to choose the SQE route for their trainees- I think it would still count and your recruitment would not be negatively affected by it! Tagging @Jessica Booker for a second opinion!
Firms will recruit people with the LPC, but many will expect you to do the SQE (you will just get an exemption from SQE1 but have to sit SQE2).

If this is an absolute dealbreaker for you, then it will limit the number of firms you can apply to. Many firms are not willing to have two sets of trainees with some on the LPC route and others on the SQE route given how different their employment rights/training requirements/regulation etc are.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and selfcarequeenzzz1

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.