Firms that accept low 2:1

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
Hi - was just wondering in general does anyone know which firms accept low 2:1 (I.e with 2:2 modules in between) so long as the candidate has good A levels and good work/extra curricular experience?

If anyone had any insight, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

bronson

Distinguished Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi - was just wondering in general does anyone know which firms accept low 2:1 (I.e with 2:2 modules in between) so long as the candidate has good A levels and good work/extra curricular experience?

If anyone had any insight, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Any firm if you have other things like relevant experience to back it up. Obviously you will be up against stiff competition so need to stand out if shooting for top firms so be wise in your choice, but certainly don't limit yourself. PM me if you want some pointers

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Any firm if you have other things like relevant experience to back it up. Obviously you will be up against stiff competition so need to stand out if shooting for top firms so be wise in your choice, but certainly don't limit yourself. PM me if you want some pointers
Completely agree. Low 2:1s is still a 2:1. I have some 2:2s but still averaging a 2:1 and I'm not letting that stop me from applying to most firms. Obviously you can get an impression if the firm really priorities a high 2:1 but go in with more confidence.

Reactions: Daniel Boden, JoNo and W

S321

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020

hi there I’m also in the same position I was wondering if I could get some pointers too?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.