Firms that sponsor visas for international trainees?

Browncatto

Standard Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a list of firms that are wiling to sponsor/take on international trainees? If not, could we start one in this thread with former/current international trainees putting down their firms?

I am aware that the HO publishes a list of companies/firms that have a license to sponsor foreign workers, however from speaking to recruiters, many of these firms are still reluctant to sponsor trainees and only use their license to sponsor senior staff.

Many thanks in advance

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a list of firms that are wiling to sponsor/take on international trainees? If not, could we start one in this thread with former/current international trainees putting down their firms?

I am aware that the HO publishes a list of companies/firms that have a license to sponsor foreign workers, however from speaking to recruiters, many of these firms are still reluctant to sponsor trainees and only use their license to sponsor senior staff.

Many thanks in advance
Hi @Browncatto this is a brilliant initiative! 👏👏👏

Off the top of my head, these are some firms that I know sponsor visas for international trainees. Not an exhaustive list by any means!
  • A&O
  • Baker McKenzie
  • Clifford Chance
  • Shearman & Sterling
  • Slaughter and May
  • HSF
  • Linklaters
  • Latham & Watkins
Looking forward to seeing more firms added to this thread!

icl

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 21, 2022
Hi, just found this thread and from my experience almost all international firms will sponsor visas for TCs, but not necessarily a VS. Though VS application season is almost over, I have gathered the below information from asking grad rec over email and at events. Hope this helps any international applicants out there, both this year and next!

(Blanks are just information I don't have)

FirmSponsors visa for TCSponsors visa for VSVirtual Interview and AC
Vinson & ElkinsYesNo
Ropes & GrayYesNo (no Direct TC route)No
SkaddenYesNoYes (for TC process)
Gibson DunnYesPotentiallyYes
GoodwinYesNoPotentially
Latham & WatkinsYesNoPotentially
BCLPYesNoYes
Sullivan & CromwellYesNo
K&L GatesYesPotentiallyNo (for AC)
Greenberg TraurigYes-No (for AC)
Cleary GottliebYesNoNo
Taylor WessingYesYes (no Direct TC route)
Allen & OveryYesNo
White & CaseYesYes
Hogan LovellsYesYesYes
BDB PitmansNo
LinklatersYesNoYes
HSFYesNoPotentially

• ℹ️
Reactions: yeaheun0830 and Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.