First Class Prize Award

QWERTY123

Standard Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
I recently received a TC offer and the firm (A&O) state on their welcome section that they offer £500 to TC holders who achieve a first class degree.
Am I right in assuming that this only applies to those who receive the first after getting the TC contract offer? I graduated before getting the TC and so presume I wouldn’t be eligible.
Thanks

Reactions: Hania peerzada

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi,
    I recently received a TC offer and the firm (A&O) state on their welcome section that they offer £500 to TC holders who achieve a first class degree.
    Am I right in assuming that this only applies to those who receive the first after getting the TC contract offer? I graduated before getting the TC and so presume I wouldn’t be eligible.
    Thanks
    Yeah normally these are for people who are yet to graduate - Weil operate the same process and don't pay retrospectively so I imagine A&O would be the same but no harm in asking GradRec :)

Reactions: Hania peerzada

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Any other firms which are known to do this?

Hard to say - its usually written in your contract/offer letter, so only people with offers would know. Lot of firms offer additional "bursaries" like this though - some don't necessarily need to be down to academic performance, sometimes they are offered for self-development activities to CSR initiatives.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.