Flex Legal Paralegal Roles

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hello,

I would like to ask how long does it take between the time a person agrees to move forward with a paralegal role advertised by Flex Legal and the interview stage/starting the role?

It has been two weeks since I agreed to move forward with a paralegal role at Flex Legal but I have not heard anything since then. Was wondering whether I should email them to follow up? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
I didnt hear back, I had to email them and request for an update lol. They forgot to update and when i asked, they said the position has been filled :(..

Trooper007

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hi, I'm currently trying for paralegal roles with no great success. I uploaded my CV on Flex Legal but got a pfo within 48 hours.
Don't think my CV is that bad. They didn't even let me enter the pool, let alone apply for any specific job.
I'm an international student in the final year of an accelerated LLB. Haven't opted for a graduate visa as yet.
Any idea what I could do differently?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I'm currently trying for paralegal roles with no great success. I uploaded my CV on Flex Legal but got a pfo within 48 hours.
Don't think my CV is that bad. They didn't even let me enter the pool, let alone apply for any specific job.
I'm an international student in the final year of an accelerated LLB. Haven't opted for a graduate visa as yet.
Any idea what I could do differently?
If you are still studying, they probably won’t consider you until about 6-8 weeks before you finish your course.

Reactions: Trooper007

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Any suggestions on how I could secure a remote, part-time role until then?
This is tricky - there won’t be a lot of these roles, and where the do exist hours can still be quite fixed and therefore may be difficult to do alongside studying. I think it can also be tricky to find part time and remote - the only part time role I have heard of recently needed to be in the office.

Trooper007

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2023
This is tricky - there won’t be a lot of these roles, and where the do exist hours can still be quite fixed and therefore may be difficult to do alongside studying. I think it can also be tricky to find part time and remote - the only part time role I have heard of recently needed to be in the office.
That makes sense from a recruiter's POV. That said, I want to make sure I secure something before I opt for the graduate visa. Do you know any big law firms that tend to offer TCs to their paralegals?
Another roadblock- from my research so far, it appears that most big firms hire paralegals through agencies. Applying closer to graduation might be one way to clear paralegal recruiter filters. Is there anything else I could do to augment and expedite my chances?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That makes sense from a recruiter's POV. That said, I want to make sure I secure something before I opt for the graduate visa. Do you know any big law firms that tend to offer TCs to their paralegals?
Another roadblock- from my research so far, it appears that most big firms hire paralegals through agencies. Applying closer to graduation might be one way to clear paralegal recruiter filters. Is there anything else I could do to augment and expedite my chances?
For most firms, paralegals will have to apply for TCs like other candidates.

It is a bit of a catch-22 unfortunately - you are much more likely to secure something if you get your graduate visa. It won’t be impossible to do it the other way around, but it will be more challenging.

Not all firms will recruit paralegals through agencies - some will have internal recruitment teams to reduce their agency spend. It is more when firms need to rely on short term paralegals that tend to use agencies.

Set up job alerts on LinkedIn and Lawgazette Jobs - you’ll get notifications of appropriate jobs and can at least start to see which companies/recruitment agencies are regularly posting jobs.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.