Flex Legal Paralegal

Nicktim

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hi,
Not sure if it's just slowed down due to COVID but I've been signed up to Flex since early Feb 2021 and only been sent one opportunity in that time which was a 2-week opportunity and didn't match my availability (you have to express an interest and then the client will pick the best candidate AFAIK, not sure how competitive each opportunity is). I certainly wouldn't budget for any form of guaranteed income with them but I'm just staying on it to see if any opportunities arise during holidays or the gap between PGDL and LPC.

Reactions: AB

Alison C

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Flex Legal? How often do you receive work opportunities? Is it competitive?
    Hi,
    Not sure if it's just slowed down due to COVID but I've been signed up to Flex since early Feb 2021 and only been sent one opportunity in that time which was a 2-week opportunity and didn't match my availability (you have to express an interest and then the client will pick the best candidate AFAIK, not sure how competitive each opportunity is). I certainly wouldn't budget for any form of guaranteed income with them but I'm just staying on it to see if any opportunities arise during holidays or the gap between PGDL and LPC.
    Maybe try Lawyers on Demand, Stephen James Partnership and Evolution Law? Also applying through LinkedIn is not a waste of time, though you do need to be ready and apply as soon as you can. I've not had any luck with Flex but they do have monthly networking lunches which are free and interesting, hosted through Eventbrite? https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/flex-legal-23419765769

Reactions: H and AB

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I think the answer is that it depends on your experience level. Some people are going to get a lot of work because they are experienced, but right now there isn't a huge amount out there, and the firms that use Flex seem to be more hesitant to use people with less experience as they cannot supervise them in person. If you haven't got the LPC and some prior experience, you might struggle.

Reactions: AB

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi, can you give an idea of the pay rates with Flex? Their website just says ‘more than liveable wage’. Are the hourly rates decent?

I think it heavily depends on the role and the employer. Mostly between £12- £17 per hour is what I've seen.

c1070

Esteemed Member
    Mar 4, 2020
    I agree with what has been said above - when I was signed up as a GDL student I had maybe one role sent trough the entire year? Since I've been a paralegal I have had lots more through (maybe about 7/8) in a very short space of time.

They do tend to be short placements so if you're looking for something longer I'd suggest getting in touch with legal recruitment agencies instead! :)

AB

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 23, 2020
    Hi, has anyone had a recent onboarding session/interview with Flex-legal and can advise how it went? I know there is some sort of test towards the end? Thank you!
    Apologies if you've already had your interview but if not don't worry about it. Really chill, they were really nice, just wanted to know where you are based and the areas of law you want to go into. I had my session in April last year but if I recall correctly there may have been one or two questions too. Just go over your CV and typical strength-based questions.

Reactions: RARodle

AB

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 23, 2020
    Apologies if you've already had your interview but if not don't worry about it. Really chill, they were really nice, just wanted to know where you are based and the areas of law you want to go into. I had my session in April last year but if I recall correctly there may have been one or two questions too. Just go over your CV and typical strength-based questions.
    There was a test at the end, you get sent a link and you have a time limit to go through the questions, just read everything carefully and you should be fine

Reactions: RARodle

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.