Flex Legal?

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
Hey guys. I was thinking about applying to Flex Legal for paralegal roles, but I have a few questions:

How much experience do they desire?

What type of training is provided?

Is the SQE/LPC required?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey guys. I was thinking about applying to Flex Legal for paralegal roles, but I have a few questions:

Is the SQE/LPC required?
Hi @Inquisitive, have you tried reaching out to them?

You should most likely be able to apply to Flex straight out of your undergrad without doing the SQE/LPC. I'm unsure about whether they train you for any roles though!

• ℹ️
Reactions: Inquisitive

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello again, guys

I've got an onboarding interview in few weeks, and it will feature a test. Does anyone have any experience with this test? How should I prepare? Thanks!
From previous experience, I'm guessing it will involve some sort of document review/checking exercise where you have to pick out certain errors and justify why you think they should be changed.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Inquisitive

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hello again, guys

I've got an onboarding interview in few weeks, and it will feature a test. Does anyone have any experience with this test? How should I prepare? Thanks!
It's a multi-choice test! I completed it a few months ago. Very basic and simple. Contract law + litigation procedure were two areas that were featured.

• 🏆
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Sunshinepink, AvniD and Inquisitive

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
From previous experience, I'm guessing it will involve some sort of document review/checking exercise where you have to pick out certain errors and justify why you think they should be changed.
It's a multi-choice test! I completed it a few months ago. Very basic and simple. Contract law + litigation procedure were two areas that were featured.
Thanks guys, I'll start preparing now

• 🤝
  • 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and futuretrainee202X

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
May 30, 2023

Is the SQE/LPC required?

Hi!

I applied to Flex Legal in my second year of university looking for a part-time role but was unsuccessful (obviously as I was in full-time academia). They got back in contact when I was just out of university and I have been on their system ever since. I do not believe any experience is needed, but it did help that I had a TC and was enrolled in the LPC. I wasn't provided any training and only basic fundamentals of law were tested via some MCQs. I think if you are paired with a firm they may train you according to the role in hand.

I never got matched to a role with Flex as I never found many came my way via email - I definitely think there are a number of agencies out there who also pair paralegals with law firms (for example, https://www.larbeyevans.com/ and https://www.ryderreid.com/). Those agencies were always very communicative and had many roles on offer at all times.

Hope this helps

Laura :)

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
Hey may I ask how long it took until Flex Legal replied post app for the interview? Thank u!
Apologies for the late reply!

They replied quite quickly, iirc. I think within a week. Getting the interview took quite a long time though, since you had to book it yourself and most of the dates were taken. Took over a month or so.

Hi!

I applied to Flex Legal in my second year of university looking for a part-time role but was unsuccessful (obviously as I was in full-time academia). They got back in contact when I was just out of university and I have been on their system ever since. I do not believe any experience is needed, but it did help that I had a TC and was enrolled in the LPC. I wasn't provided any training and only basic fundamentals of law were tested via some MCQs. I think if you are paired with a firm they may train you according to the role in hand.

I never got matched to a role with Flex as I never found many came my way via email - I definitely think there are a number of agencies out there who also pair paralegals with law firms (for example, https://www.larbeyevans.com/ and https://www.ryderreid.com/). Those agencies were always very communicative and had many roles on offer at all times.

Hope this helps

Laura :)
Many thanks! Haven't had many opportunities offered by Flex, and none ended up becoming work. I'll definitely give those 2 agencies a try

Reactions: LlamaLaw

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Apologies for the late reply!

They replied quite quickly, iirc. I think within a week. Getting the interview took quite a long time though, since you had to book it yourself and most of the dates were taken. Took over a month or so.

Many thanks! Haven't had many opportunities offered by Flex, and none ended up becoming work. I'll definitely give those 2 agencies a try
Thank you!! can i ask you how you prepared for the legal test? Any tips ?

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
Thank you!! can i ask you how you prepared for the legal test? Any tips ?
For the test, the questions were basic contract law. I can't remember them specifically, but it wasn't too difficult. I skimmed my terrible first year notes that I haven't touched since 2020. If you remember basic features of a contract, such as consideration, acceptance etc, you should be good. I remember my interviewer saying the questions are intuitive, and I completely agree. So don't worry about it, it wasn't difficult:)

The last question I do remember, and it was the easiest one! You're given a clause of a contract, and it has really obvious grammatical errors. I think it was a jurisdiction clause, though I'm not sure if you'll get the exact same one. Either way, the mistakes are really obvious so don't worry about it too much.

Reactions: M0M007 and LlamaLaw

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.