Fully online GDL and SQE funded by a City firm?

hopefullyfuturetrainee

Standard Member
Nov 5, 2022
I would like to train at a City firm but have no opportunity to move from Leeds where I’m currently based (family reasons). Is it possible for any City firms to fund my GDL and SQE which would both be completed fully remotely?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would expect you to be able to do the PGDL anywhere as it is a standaised course.

For the SQE, many firms do not have bespoke courses or ask that you complete the prep course in London. It will only be those with bespoke SQE in-person courses that it may be a problem, and even then with firms who do have a bespoke course, they can show some level of discretion, around this if you explain it is difficult for you to relocate initially.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.