Gaining Commercial Awareness

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some tips on how to gain commercial awareness? I have a subscription to Watson's Daily Newsletter and I read it every day, but I don't think I'm actually gaining anything from it other than just the basic knowledge.

Would really appreciate some advice!!

allwillbewell

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2022
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some tips on how to gain commercial awareness? I have a subscription to Watson's Daily Newsletter and I read it every day, but I don't think I'm actually gaining anything from it other than just the basic knowledge.

Would really appreciate some advice!!
Hi,

That was the same thing for me until I did an M&A course (weird I know) which helped me think of different aspects of law that can be involved in different business news stories. I’m not quite there yet but that has helped so far.

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi,

That was the same thing for me until I did an M&A course (weird I know) which helped me think of different aspects of law that can be involved in different business news stories. I’m not quite there yet but that has helped so far.
Oh wow, I never would've thought to do this!! Can I ask, did you do it in person or online?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.