GDL retakes and prospects

Sav888

Jul 13, 2022
Hi,

I have recently received my results for second term exams for GDL and I was quite devastated to see I have failed 4 out of the 7 modules. These were my failed marks:

Land MCQ - 46
Land/Trust combined written - 47, 47
Criminal oral - 43

I was expecting to at least pass them so I honestly don’t know what happened.

I had covid during the first week of April, 2 weeks before the first exam and missed a whole week of lessons but I know it probably wouldn’t count for mitigating circumstances or deferral so I didn’t apply for this at the time nor have I thought to appeal my results.

I am now seriously concerned in regards to my prospects for a training contract as I do need to retake all the failed modules.

Can anyone please advise what my chances are for a training contract or have I just blown away every chance I have?

Thanks,

S

selfcarequeenzzz1

I would just keep going! Regardless of anything anyone says to you, if you want a career in law you will make it happen - you can still achieve the TC you want. I am similar with results coming out and thinking I may have to re-take one. Do not be disheartened !! Keep going and you will get there!!

Sav888

Jul 13, 2022
I would just keep going! Regardless of anything anyone says to you, if you want a career in law you will make it happen - you can still achieve the TC you want. I am similar with results coming out and thinking I may have to re-take one. Do not be disheartened !! Keep going and you will get there!!
Thank you for saying that, it means a lot honestly. For now I will focus on my retakes and keep pushing forward with the hopes I will be able to land a training contract somewhere!

• Love
Reactions: selfcarequeenzzz1

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.