Gowling WLG VC Application Question

M&M

• Oct 22, 2020
    Hi!
    I am currently working on my application for a vac scheme with Gowling. I am not sure how to fill in the education section. Am I meant to put in every module or just my degree? Since I did IB, I am also not sure how I can put in all my subjects as well as my overall grades. I've included a screenshot to show the layout.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Gowling Education Section.PNG
      Gowling Education Section.PNG
      8.3 KB · Views: 151

Fiap

Nov 28, 2020
    Hi!
    I am currently working on my application for a vac scheme with Gowling. I am not sure how to fill in the education section. Am I meant to put in every module or just my degree? Since I did IB, I am also not sure how I can put in all my subjects as well as my overall grades. I've included a screenshot to show the layout.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Did you receive a response from graduate recruitment regarding this please?

p9b

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 29, 2019
    Hi all, I contacted Gowling and asked if they wanted individual module marks or just my degree classification, they have said 'I can confirm we only require you to input your overall grade for your education' - quite surprising

• ℹ️
    Reactions: OB

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    With this, is the overall grade your classification or your numerical grade? Because I don’t have an exact numerical grade overall, just a classification and it doesn’t say it on my transcript

Ava B

Sep 14, 2020
    Hi all, I contacted Gowling and asked if they wanted individual module marks or just my degree classification, they have said 'I can confirm we only require you to input your overall grade for your education' - quite surprising

Good to know about the overall grade for degree classification! It says to go up to and include your A-level grades, how have you entered these into this section? Did they say anything about that? I was thinking of doing it all individually but not too sure!

Thanks in advance!

p9b

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 29, 2019
    Good to know about the overall grade for degree classification! It says to go up to and include your A-level grades, how have you entered these into this section? Did they say anything about that? I was thinking of doing it all individually but not too sure!

Thanks in advance!
    I did mine individually for each subject!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    ah thanks yeah I realised it was scenario based but I havent done any VI before so was wondering if anyone had any specific question examples
    Like the example in the email, they’ll give a scenario e.g. someone in your team hasn’t completed their work and the deadline is coming up, what do you do? And you would say what you would do in that scenario. I would stray away from preparing competency questions as you posted in the other thread as that’s slightly different.

NadiaG

Star Member
    Nov 26, 2020
    Like the example in the email, they’ll give a scenario e.g. someone in your team hasn’t completed their work and the deadline is coming up, what do you do? And you would say what you would do in that scenario. I would stray away from preparing competency questions as you posted in the other thread as that’s slightly different.
    ah awesome thank you! do you know how long the prep time is for each question and how long to answer the actual question by any chance?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.