Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad

Nov 12, 2018
Hi, I applied to BCLP's vacation scheme and received an invite to do the verbal reasoning test. Two days later, on Friday, I received an invite to the AC but I have not completed the test yet. I booked a slot for the AC but do I still need to do the test? Kind of confused on what to do here as I don't want to perform badly on the test that they rescind the AC invite?

At the open day I went to last month, GR said that the verbal reasoning test is no longer a huge part of their application process. They would only think about taking into consideration if someone performs really badily. So I would recommend still taking it because its part of the process but rest assured that you don’t need to perform exceptionally well at it, just pass basically!

Hope that helps :)!

Reactions: Mohammed

Shane

Distinguished Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi Guys, so I don't know how I did not realise this, but I gave the wrong email address for my reference for Jones Day. I am just after contacting grad recruitment to give them the right email. Is this a deal breaker,will they take this into account when deciding to invite me to interview ? Literally so annoyed with myself.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Guys, so I don't know how I did not realise this, but I gave the wrong email address for my reference for Jones Day. I am just after contacting grad recruitment to give them the right email. Is this a deal breaker,will they take this into account when deciding to invite me to interview ? Literally so annoyed with myself.

It's no problem. These things happen!

The number of times I messed up when sending documents over to firms...

Mohammed

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 30, 2018
    At the open day I went to last month, GR said that the verbal reasoning test is no longer a huge part of their application process. They would only think about taking into consideration if someone performs really badily. So I would recommend still taking it because its part of the process but rest assured that you don’t need to perform exceptionally well at it, just pass basically!

Hope that helps :)!

Yes, it definitely helps. Thank you!

Reactions: Ahmad

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    Does anyone know how long does it take for Slaughter and May to send out rejections?

They can take up to a month to send out interview invites, so presumably rejections (!) would happen on a similar timescale. Don't read too much into the response time! It's a busy time of year, they are probably swamped with applications and I'm sure you will hear back from them soon :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: EZ_D and Salma

EZ_D

• Nov 27, 2018
    They can take up to a month to send out interview invites, so presumably rejections (!) would happen on a similar timescale. Don't read too much into the response time! It's a busy time of year, they are probably swamped with applications and I'm sure you will hear back from them soon :)
    Thank you for your kind response. :) It's been over a month since I submitted my app so I am not so sure what I should expect at this point

• 🤝
    Reactions: Abstruser

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    Thank you for your kind response. :) It's been over a month since I submitted my app so I am not so sure what I should expect at this point

Not at all! I was told by grad rec last week (20/12) that there would be delays over the holiday period, presumably because lots of staff will be on leave. Perhaps you will hear back from them in the new year! In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about it - just keep moving forward with other apps! :)

Reactions: Salma and EZ_D

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Rejection from BCLP at the application review stage but they included this at the end: 'We would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we considered your application to be strong and would encourage you to apply again in future and show improvements to our points made above.'

Wondering if they do this for everyone or not?

Not disappointed as after I submitted my application, I realised I applied a year too early for their schemes haha

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jaysen

Sophie Bell

Star Member
    Oct 29, 2018
    Rejection from BCLP at the application review stage but they included this at the end: 'We would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we considered your application to be strong and would encourage you to apply again in future and show improvements to our points made above.'

Not disappointed as after I submitted my application, I realised I applied a year too early for their schemes haha

I received exactly the same email. Can I ask what you mean by a year too early, do BCLP only accept applications from final years?

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
    Feb 28, 2018

It sounds to me like you sent a good application. It would be weird if they sent that to everyone right?

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Mohammed and Daniel Boden

CF

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 25, 2018
    Hi! I passed the video interview stage for White & Case and I am now through to the face to face interview - what should I do to prepare for this?

(I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone in this forum, you have been of great help throughout this application process :) )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.