General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law_Grad1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
For those still waiting - Slaughter and May rejection (about an hour ago). Tough to take another rejection, but that's life I suppose. Wishing the absolute best of outcomes to anyone waiting to hear back still!

Tomorrow will be a day to analyse where I could have gone wrong, today is a day to have a drink in the sun and move on from this setback.

D

Deleted member 5185

For those still waiting - Slaughter and May rejection (about an hour ago). Tough to take another rejection, but that's life I suppose. Wishing the absolute best of outcomes to anyone waiting to hear back still!

Tomorrow will be a day to analyse where I could have gone wrong, today is a day to have a drink in the sun and move on from this setback.

Ah I’m sorry to hear this, I’ve been rejected three times by Slaughter and May if that makes you feel any better. We persevere and likewise !

avocadotoast

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 15, 2020

I got another rejection today too from RPC. Honestly, it hurts especially given how much time I put in the application, but there's you can you do at the end of the day!

I'm going to occupy myself with tea, snacks, and Netflix

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    Just completed my final application for this cycle. When I secured both an Easter and Summer Vacation Scheme I really didn't think I'd be back in this position again - but, due to Covid, neither went ahead. Good luck to everyone. This year will be our year!!
    You will get that TC ! You already got two vacation schemes! You have got the qualities!

keira

Star Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Hi everyone! I haven't heard back from Freshfields yet regarding my TC application, not even a WG invite, should I take this as a rejection? Also, does anyone know when A&O direct TC apps will open this year?

Reactions: Lisa Lowe

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Do you know if they look at applications on a rolling basis or not? Thanks!

A&O are rolling I believe. When I've spoken to grad rec before they've said around October-November time is the sweet spot to apply as that's when they start issuing ACs.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
    Feb 16, 2019
    Hi everyone! I haven't heard back from Freshfields yet regarding my TC application, not even a WG invite, should I take this as a rejection? Also, does anyone know when A&O direct TC apps will open this year?

I only know of 1 person who got a WGT invite on this forum- maybe they are still reviewing? Or deciding how much TC's to offer to their VS students?

Reactions: keira

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
    May 24, 2020

you shouldn’t take it as a rejection no, it has only been 2 weeks since the deadline! I think most people haven’t heard back yet. They said everyone will hear back within the next month!

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Not even the time to finish watching “free solo” (strongly advise) that I realised that the commercial awareness competition is very close. Is anyone competing this year? How are you preparing? I think I am going to create a post where we can discuss about the AS commercial awareness competition.
    If I don't get a TC this year then I'll be participating again. I've taken part the last two years but I'll be working full time from September so not sure how that will work with getting time off for the live rounds (if they even go ahead like that considering Covid?)

Reactions: S87
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.