General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Anyone heard from A&O for winter vac scheme?

nope! not feeling too hopeful :(

Was wondering when you both applied? I did so late Sep, and the 21 days (to hear back) are nearing..nervous :D

Also, I know some people who had to log into the portal and check, where they found out about rejection or if it's under review still, rather than the firm E-Mailing!

XARA

Esteemed Member
Jul 27, 2020
Was wondering when you both applied? I did so late Sep, and the 21 days (to hear back) are nearing..nervous :D

Also, I know some people who had to log into the portal and check, where they found out about rejection or if it's under review still, rather than the firm E-Mailing!
I applied very very early on, like mid-August so the 21 days have passed for me!

Adam Gilchrist

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
Highest Rated Member
May 4, 2020
Rejection from BM Open Day- a bit disheartened as I felt that my application was strong. I did send it in a bit late (about 5 days before the deadline) as they did rolling applications but didn't know it could make such a big of an impact :/
Bad luck. Especially nowadays, open days are so wildly oversubscribed that it’s so important applying early if invitation is done on a rolling basis.

dhway

Aug 27, 2020

Has anyone you know been invited to an AC yet?

LuNo

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 33
Mar 15, 2020
Rejection from Bristows at final interview. Absolutely gutted, but seeing how so many people on here keep going is really nice to hear about. In the moment it feels so hopeless, its comforting to see others persevere and get there in the end.
Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that. I got rejected from Bristows after final stage in April. I really thought I would get it and I was convinced that it was the right firm for me so I was also absolutely destroyed when I got rejected. As this was my first cycle of apps it was also my first TC interview which made it worse! Now, only a few months later, I am so so so so grateful that it did not work out with them and I am SO much happier with the firm I will be training at! I really do think things happen for a reason sometimes, and everything will fall into place for you too! If you're still set on Bristows in a few months you can always apply again this cycle having been through the process once already! Best of luck with all your applications and best wishes for the future, I'm sure you'll smash it!

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: ZH, keira, Eva and 4 others

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019

I applied on August 5th!

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Do you think that Latham have filled up their spaces from the vac scheme since it's taking so long for them to get back?

To be honest I expect so yes. I know some people from Latham's vac scheme were offered TCs ages ago. You never know if something might come back from them but I'm also not holding my breath:D

Reactions: Adam Gilchrist
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.