General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
I can't believe I'm writing this but I finally got a VS OFFER FOR EVERSHEDS SUTHERLAND!! After a constant cycle of positive thoughts and being hopeful, then feeling like I'm not good enough, all the hard work and resilience truly paid off. I want to thank you all for creating such a positive community here, as I've come to this forum on countless occasions to feel uplifted.

My greatest advice which I've learned through this process is believe in yourself. You can do this and you are worth it! If you believe that, then a firm will see it so clearly. It also helps that my birthday is this Sunday, so I will be celebrating this weekend no doubt! Keep up all the hard work and happy friday :)

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
Linklaters AC!! Was rejected for the Winter VS and had pretty much given up on Links, so this is a lovely surprise!

Well done! Did they reject you post-ape, give you any feedback and did you re-apply? I was rejected for Winter too but still really keen on the firm.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I can't believe I'm writing this but I finally got a VS OFFER FOR EVERSHEDS SUTHERLAND!! After a constant cycle of positive thoughts and being hopeful, then feeling like I'm not good enough, all the hard work and resilience truly paid off. I want to thank you all for creating such a positive community here, as I've come to this forum on countless occasions to feel uplifted.

My greatest advice which I've learned through this process is believe in yourself. You can do this and you are worth it! If you believe that, then a firm will see it so clearly. It also helps that my birthday is this Sunday, so I will be celebrating this weekend no doubt! Keep up all the hard work and happy friday :)

That cycle of hopeful to doubtful is very tough, glad to hear you kept going!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Asmee DC

L.M.P

Star Member
    Jan 24, 2019
    Hey guys Ive just found out that I have made it to the VI stage for Dechert after several months of waiting! I'm really happy to have made it to this stage as its a dream firm of mine! However, I have never made it past a video interview stage before and I am worried that I will screw this up.

Does anyone have any advice for VI's in general and if possible any indication of what the questions for Dechert might be? Thanks guys! Wishing you all good luck, and sending positive vibes, for the rest of this gruelling application season!

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019

Congratulations! Messages like this inspire and energise me to keep going! Happy birthday for this weekend - a double celebration!!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Asmee DC and JayB

CharG

Oct 16, 2019
    Got an email from Winston & Strawn, asking me to confirm my availability for the vac scheme before they invite me to interview. I'm waiting to hear back from another firm for a summer vac scheme, and the dates clash. I'm not sure when I'll hear back from the other firm, so what should I do here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.