Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Is that for spring or summer? Just trying to figure out how they structure their ACs :D

I applied for spring. But I've seen loads of people on here get ACs for summer way before I did and funnily enough the invite email didn't say specifically invite to spring/summer vac AC like most law firms do. So I get the feeling they just interview people as and when they want based on the strength of their app???

Reactions: JayB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Has anyone gotten a VS offer and could not attend due to a time conflict and got the timings for the vacation scheme shifted? Or, better yet, got a TC offer?

Timings being shifted are far more likely, or being fast tracked to the final training contract assessment. Jumping from a SVS to TC offer will be rare.

Firms know if you are likely to accept another firm’s SVS offer over theirs, you are more likely to accept their TC too, and so typically are more cautious than not.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: m24, Serah O and Alice G

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    Timings being shifted are far more likely, or being fast tracked to the final training contract assessment. Jumping from a SVS to TC offer will be rare.

Firms know if you are likely to accept another firm’s SVS offer over theirs, you are more likely to accept their TC too, and so typically are more cautious than not.

Won’t they give me a very small time frame to accept their TC? The reality is I would choose this firm over the other one, it’s just that I have already signed for the SVS.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Won’t they give me a very small time frame to accept their TC? The reality is I would choose this firm over the other one, it’s just that I have already signed for the SVS.
    I believe it’s usually around 4 weeks to accept but I might be wrong. Have you had the TC offer yet? If you haven’t then the problem doesn’t arise yet. Should you be offered the TC and want to accept then can’t you just turn down the VS?
    Perhaps I’ve misunderstood sorry .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.