Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Wow - I had no idea the turn over was that great! Just goes to show how demanding GR can be! As ever Jessica, your insights are very informative and much appreciated :)

Yeah - I am one of the odd ones who has stayed in Grad Rec for their entire career. Most people do it for a few years and then get bored and move on - there are some others like me, but most people move into other HR roles or do something completely different!

Its not really demanding (as such) - just long hours and lots of repetition!

• ℹ️
Reactions: Long Dinh and Jai C.

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Have Shearman & Sterling invited anyone else to AC? I’ve only heard of a few, really fast to hear back since the deadline was 19th! (I haven’t heard anything yet)

Haven’t heard anything back yet either.

NB: as has already been discussed, Shearman doesn’t give offers on a rolling basis, but they do interview as such.

Reactions: Selggib16

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
DLA does not do ACs outside of January or at least they did not do them last year so if you havent heard back from them yet I think it means you didnt get it. Sorry :/

You might think this is good advice to people however unless you work in the GR team of DLA Piper how would you know this? I wouldn't go about making assumptions about things I was 100% not sure of.

Anastasios

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2020
You might think this is good advice to people however unless you work in the GR team of DLA Piper how would you know this? I wouldn't go about making assumptions about things I was 100% not sure of.

I did my AC there last year and when I asked if my date could be moved they said no cause we only do ACs in January. Then they said that If I wanted they could put me in a waiting list if they decided to run another AC sometime in the future. I also did the Vac Scheme there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.