Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aminata

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 27, 2018
    AssessmentDay have some good practice tests! Make sure to do the ones specific to Capp, the test provider. https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/capp.htm

Something I wish I had done when I did my MB tests was do the practice on they attach in the email. Even though its not scored, its good to get an idea of the exact test format. Because the ones I linked above, while helpful, in retrospect were a bit easier than the real thing imo.
    Thank you, Julian :) I will do so!

LawGal

Sep 13, 2018
    Thanks! It's a bit annoying that they only contact people who are successful and leave the rest of us hanging...

Not sure about Dentons but Paul Hastings says on its website that they only contact people who are successful. I reckon they will take their time in responding though because they have a whole year's worth of applications to read as they only read applications after the deadline.

Reactions: Wannabe_Lawyer

Syafiqkay92

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 26, 2018
    Not sure about Dentons but Paul Hastings says on its website that they only contact people who are successful. I reckon they will take their time in responding though because they have a whole year's worth of applications to read as they only read applications after the deadline.
    That makes sense. Thanks.

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Has anyone heard from Travers Smith and Trowers & Hamlins for their direct TC?

I emailed them and asked about progress. Received this reply on the 15th of August.

"We are currently still doing follow up work from our vacation schemes. Therefore we haven't started looking over the rest of the applications for our 2021 Training Contract yet.

Once we have processed all the applications you will hear back about the outcome of your application. Apologies for the wait on this."

Reactions: LawGal and Roland

NadineBusty

Valued Member
    Aug 21, 2019
    I emailed them and asked about progress. Received this reply on the 15th of August.

"We are currently still doing follow up work from our vacation schemes. Therefore we haven't started looking over the rest of the applications for our 2021 Training Contract yet.

Once we have processed all the applications you will hear back about the outcome of your application. Apologies for the wait on this."
    Is this for Travers Smith or Trowers & Hamlins?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.