Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmela

Standard Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this and the UK law grad scheme in general :) background on me: I'm a career-changer from Canada.

I wanted to confirm: regardless of outcome, law firms will get back to you with a rejection or invitation, right?

I've not heard anything back yet whatsoever, but I assume I should just wait until I get rejected or invited? Let me know!

Also, kudos to all of you for being so supportive. The world needs that level of kindness and inclusivity so keep on it!

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
I was wondering if anyone has used Congrapps before and whether it is worth it? I don't want to waste any money.

Also has anyone bought WG tests online and would recommend any sites to do this from? I keep falling down at the WG stage so I think I need to buy some in order to practise.

I really like Jobtestprep for WG practice :)

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this and the UK law grad scheme in general :) background on me: I'm a career-changer from Canada.

I wanted to confirm: regardless of outcome, law firms will get back to you with a rejection or invitation, right?

I've not heard anything back yet whatsoever, but I assume I should just wait until I get rejected or invited? Let me know!

Also, kudos to all of you for being so supportive. The world needs that level of kindness and inclusivity so keep on it!
Hey yes most, if not all firms, should get back to you!

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Hey, yes its normal! they do AC's everywhere. I did mine in the London office but there were people applying for all the offices and I know the same goes for other offices. You will still be considered for the London internship even if you do your AC in the Manchester office :)

• 🤝
Reactions: LuLa
D

Deleted member 2707

I was wondering for those who have done VI, do they typically ask 'why law' and 'why X firm' again? I have covered this in my cover letter so I'm unsure if they would ask about this. If they do, would it be okay to regurgitate what I wrote in my application or would I have to find some new reasons?

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
Applying to Trowers & Hamlins and stuck on the "Who are our main competitors and specifically demonstrate how we differentiate from the firms you name" question. Any tips/suggestions on how to answer this question would be extremely appreciated!! :)

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
I was wondering if anyone has used Congrapps before and whether it is worth it? I don't want to waste any money.

Also has anyone bought WG tests online and would recommend any sites to do this from? I keep falling down at the WG stage so I think I need to buy some in order to practise.

I don't know if you've tried it but the how2become critical thinking book from amazon (green one) is great. I bought it after @Alice G couldn't stop going on about it and I'm so glad she did :D. It explains how to do better in critical thinking so you can properly learn from your mistakes

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I don't know if you've tried it but the how2become critical thinking book from amazon (green one) is great. I bought it after @Alice G couldn't stop going on about it and I'm so glad she did :D. It explains how to do better in critical thinking so you can properly learn from your mistakes
I should really charge commission for this marketing :D

Last edited:

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
Who is the author please? Would like to purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.