Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
HSF:

I am afraid that we are unable to take your application further. As I am sure you know, the competition for places is intense. There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged.

Etc etc
Sorry to hear. may I ask when did you receive this and did you apply for spring or summer?

LuLa

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 28, 2019
I
Is anyone able to offer Slaughter and May application advice, specifically on the cv.
For example, is it wise to exclude full breakdown of my results as they are already listed in the application form? Also, is it okay if I take out contact details leaving only my name at the top of the cv? Trying to free up space.

hey, I can PM you my CV as I sent it to them if you want? I interviewed there :)

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi all,

filling out vac scheme apps on my first cycle and its definitley a learning curve!

anyone have any advice for answering this question?

'Tell us about an outstanding personal achievement which added value to your academic or work environment'

I can think of personal achievements that have meant a lot to me, but I can't link these to uni or any of my previous work roles. Struggling to see what they're after with this question and not sure if I can actually answer it.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.