Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Event season is upon us and just wanted to give you guys a heads up that legal cheek have got a few coming up shortly which may be of interest. Make sure your CVs are up to date as you require these to make an app and I think most of them ask you to submit questions to the panel. I am attending the Clifford Chance one this Thursday (5th) and it would be great to see/meet some of you there!

I’ll also be attending!

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Has any one heard back from A&O winter vac scheme applications? I applied and did SJT more than 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since...

I’d check your portal. I was rejected on there before receiving an email a few days later.

Emma3377

Standard Member
    Sep 2, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Event season is upon us and just wanted to give you guys a heads up that legal cheek have got a few coming up shortly which may be of interest. Make sure your CVs are up to date as you require these to make an app and I think most of them ask you to submit questions to the panel. I am attending the Clifford Chance one this Thursday (5th) and it would be great to see/meet some of you there!

Hi Alice,

I wanted to go to this CC event but I have to work during the evening on the 5th so I cant. Would it be possible for you (or for sb else who is also going) to do a short write up about the event after on TCLA? It would be super useful as I want to apply to CC this year

Reactions: Jaysen

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2018
    Hi Alice,

I wanted to go to this CC event but I have to work during the evening on the 5th so I cant. Would it be possible for you (or for sb else who is also going) to do a short write up about the event after on TCLA? It would be super useful as I want to apply to CC this year
    Would also really appreciate this, I can't make the event either :(

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi Alice,

Would also really appreciate this, I can't make the event either :(
    Of course!! That is no problem at all!

PSM

Esteemed Member
    Aug 9, 2019
    I will also be attending the event at CC this Thursday. Do you think it is appropriate to include the event in the work experience section of an application? Im conscious that it is not really the same as an open day.

Aminata

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 27, 2018
    Hi everyone,

Hi, I will also be attending the event at CC this Thursday. Would be lovely to meet some of the tcla community there! :)

PHT

Star Member
    Jun 30, 2018
    I will also be attending the event at CC this Thursday. Do you think it is appropriate to include the event in the work experience section of an application? Im conscious that it is not really the same as an open day.

Could be better to group it with other events and open days you’ve been to, that’s what I do. :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    This is also what I do as well, I have a section within the work exp page for open days and events :)

Would you include open days/legal events as part of your answer for why commercial law? I think it gives good evidence to demonstrate where your interest stems from but I’m interested to hear what others think about!

PHT

Star Member
    Jun 30, 2018
    That sounds like a good idea! Although you usually have to specify the month/year. Do you just do a wide range date span for that entry? (if open days are across multiple years).

Yeah just use the first and last event date as the month/year! You can even specify the dates of the other events in the summary if you have words left over.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    That sounds like a good idea! Although you usually have to specify the month/year. Do you just do a wide range date span for that entry? (if open days are across multiple years).
    Yeah just use a wider time span. I do put specific dates next to all events and open days though for authenticity and as a sort of proof that i went to them if they were to ever check, which they almost certainly wouldn't but just in case :)

Reactions: PSM

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Would you include open days/legal events as part of your answer for why commercial law? I think it gives good evidence to demonstrate where your interest stems from but I’m interested to hear what others think about!
    Yeah sure! The more authentic you can be and honest about why you are interested in comm law the better and if an event really helped you to consolidate the career choice then go for it!

Reactions: Lumree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.