Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy1

Jan 30, 2019
Hello, please does anyone have any experience with White & Case's partner interview? I applied for a direct TC but I'll appreciate any experience. Thanks in advance!

Eva

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

Event season is upon us and just wanted to give you guys a heads up that legal cheek have got a few coming up shortly which may be of interest. Make sure your CVs are up to date as you require these to make an app and I think most of them ask you to submit questions to the panel. I am attending the Clifford Chance one this Thursday (5th) and it would be great to see/meet some of you there!

Since it's almost the start of a new academic year, I do notice that lots of events are coming up. Just a suggestion - it will be great if we can have a compilation of events coming up with details on dates and times, firms attending, and/or organisations hosting. This might help those with different commitments to decide which one to attend/they can attend or share their insights post-attendance.

• 🏆
Reactions: Naomi98 and Jaysen

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Since it's almost the start of a new academic year, I do notice that lots of events are coming up. Just a suggestion - it will be great if we can have a compilation of events coming up with details on dates and times, firms attending, and/or organisations hosting. This might help those with different commitments to decide which one to attend/they can attend or share their insights post-attendance.

I think that would be really useful! It may also be useful updating the forum with a list of firms that have now opened their application window / deadlines

Reactions: Jaysen and JoNo

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Aspiring Solicitors also have a lot of events up at the moment, including ones with A&O and BCLP. I think these are due to close soon and the events take place in October.

Eva

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 24, 2018
    Thanks guys - would you prefer this within the forum or as a separate events page?

Seems like the forum thread might work. It would be great if we can get the events listed chronologically to allow people to click into/view those events of their interest or availability straightaway.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Seems like the forum thread might work. It would be great if we can get the events listed chronologically to allow people to click into/view those events of their interest or availability straightaway.

Great, I'll create this soon.

What kind of events are we looking for? I assume Legal Cheek/Firm events and open days - any others I'm missing? Would you want to see specific events from organisations like AS?

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Great, I'll create this soon.

What kind of events are we looking for? I assume Legal Cheek/Firm events and open days - any others I'm missing? Would you want to see specific events from organisations like AS?

I think AS events could be a good addition. They might not work for everyone but I’m sure enough people would find it beneficial.

What do others think?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eva

Romiras

Legendary Member
    Associate
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hello, please does anyone have any experience with White & Case's partner interview? I applied for a direct TC but I'll appreciate any experience. Thanks in advance!

I had to present on a topic. After that, the interview generally revolved around my motivations and my extracurricular activities. I wasn't asked any competency questions. You then get to ask questions at the end.

maccies

Standard Member
    Apr 5, 2018
    Hey my portal hasnt updated since applied and SJT on 12 August. I’m thinking about emailing them because they said it would only be 21 days.

might be worth a shot asking when ACs are being held from given that I have not seen any posts about invites being sent out. Did you apply for the winter vac?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.