Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    The same happened to me on Tuesday! I emailed them and they said they would look into it, then yesterday I got an e-mail that said:

'Hello,

Please be advised that we are currently working to solve a technical issue affecting our online testing platform. Once fixed by our service provider, you will receive an email inviting you to take the test. This will not affect the time you have in which to complete the test once sent.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Graduate Recruitment Team'

I don't know if my application has been bonked for the same reason as I have a small learning disability that I routinely mention on app forms, but I'm a little relieved that at least someone has gotten an answer! Thanks for posting.

AMLaw

Standard Member
    Jul 25, 2019
    I don't know if my application has been bonked for the same reason as I have a small learning disability that I routinely mention on app forms, but I'm a little relieved that at least someone has gotten an answer! Thanks for posting.

No problem! I had been waiting for the link for 5 days before I received the email saying I passed it. I saw on the Questions section of their graduate recruitment page that the test is not sent automatically, they have to send it themselves so there can be a delay. And on top of that now they're having technical difficulties. Hopefully they resolve it soon!

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    No problem! I had been waiting for the link for 5 days before I received the email saying I passed it. I saw on the Questions section of their graduate recruitment page that the test is not sent automatically, they have to send it themselves so there can be a delay. And on top of that now they're having technical difficulties. Hopefully they resolve it soon!

So much for 3 working days then!

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Has anyone done a VI for White & Case for this application cycle. I just got the invite and I wasn't successful last time, so I really hope I turn things around this time.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    does anyone have any tips for the Simmons and Simmons VI?

From last cycle (not sure if the same this cycle):
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. A favourite business you admire and talk about why you admire it, the opportunities and risks for the business
    3. A question relating to ambition or collegiality and how you have demonstrated it/the importance of it
    4. A question relating to challenge/ how do you challenge people and would you feel comfortable doing so?
    5. Why are you interested in law and what will you be doing as a trainee solicitor day to day

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Tcapplicant and gricole

Tcapplicant

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2019
    From last cycle (not sure if the same this cycle):
    1. Tell me about yourself
    2. A favourite business you admire and talk about why you admire it, the opportunities and risks for the business
    3. A question relating to ambition or colleagity and how you have demonstrated it l/the importance of it
    4. A question relating to challenge/ how do you challenge people and would you feel comfortable doing so?
    5. Why are you interested in law and what will you be doing as a trainee solicitor day to day
    Incredible thank you!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.