Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebe

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 25, 2018
Hi! I've got an AC for a Hogan Lovells TC next week. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the group exercise?

I've interviewed there for a VS before so I've already experienced their partner and situational interviews.

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi! I've got an AC for a Hogan Lovells TC next week. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the group exercise?

I've interviewed there for a VS before so I've already experienced their partner and situational interviews.

Hi Phoebe

When did you submit your application?

Rahma

Standard Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hello

I’m looking for some advice re assessment centres and specifically how much weighting is placed on each assessment.

I completed my first AC last week and whilst I thought the group exercise and interview went well, I know I have messed up my written assessment.

I am absolutely gutted because I made some silly mistakes which are almost cringeworthy thinking back at it now. In theory this should have been the ‘easiest’ assessment for me because of prior experience in the legal field and dealing with the sorts of scenarios posed in the assessment, almost on a daily basis. Yet I messed up spectacularly due to the pressure.

I am slowly accepting that I may not get this TC and trying to move on but still kicking myself regardless.

Does anyone know if different parts of the assessment hold different weighting? Also does anyone want to share any similar stories just so I know I’m not the only person to have done this?!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Best of luck to our two moderators @Alice G and @Daniel Boden who begin vacation schemes today! We're rooting for you both!
    I actually start on July 8 but the good luck messages are much appreciated! The support on this forum really is so lovely and really hope it can push us both over the line! :) @Alice G @Jaysen

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys,

The NRF email saying that AC's were to be held in February was a mistake on their part. AC's will be held in the weeks following the July 14th deadline. Just got clarification from grad rec.

Thanks for flagging that up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.