Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayah

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hey guys, I've drafted my A&O and have it ready to send by today or tomorrow. Is it too late to send it, as it is rolling.

I spoke to grad recruitment on Friday and was told this week is the best chance to have the application reviewed properly. So you’re fine if you submit this week and not any later

Zsaurcaks1

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 4, 2018
Just got my rejection email from their winter scheme yesterday. Not too bothered as I already have my winter, spring and summer schemes sorted for this year now. The email said they will instead consider my application for their spring and summer schemes as the winter scheme only had 8 places apparently. I submitted my app super late so I am not bothered anyway and not surprised either.

If your app was for winter, they will consider you for spring or summer it seems. If it was for spring/summer they will probably start reviewing those apps now so you should hear shortly. Hope this helps :)
Hey! Sorry to hear about your rejection, but you're smashing it with all your other schemes! Was this before or after interview?

CristianaM

Standard Member
Nov 25, 2019
Does anyone have any tips for the Simmons and Simmons VI?
Hi. I've had 'why them, challanges for law firms in the legal market' , and then some scenario based questions based on their competencies. From what I've heard the questions are different for each candidate, but just have some bullet points for why them, why law, what attributes do you bring, and competency answers for their competencies and you'll be fine. 30 sec prep 90sec answers 6 questions.

Reactions: BE123 and Biena

Faye

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 3, 2018
Just got my rejection email from their winter scheme yesterday. Not too bothered as I already have my winter, spring and summer schemes sorted for this year now. The email said they will instead consider my application for their spring and summer schemes as the winter scheme only had 8 places apparently. I submitted my app super late so I am not bothered anyway and not surprised either.

If your app was for winter, they will consider you for spring or summer it seems. If it was for spring/summer they will probably start reviewing those apps now so you should hear shortly. Hope this helps :)

Hi, what spring/summer schemes do you already have? Wasn't aware they had starting doing ACs for those for a lot of firms.

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Alice94

Nov 27, 2019
Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Simmons & Simmons (regarding their winter vacation scheme)? I sat the online tests and the VI about 2 weeks ago and still have not heard anything.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Simmons & Simmons (regarding their winter vacation scheme)? I sat the online tests and the VI about 2 weeks ago and still have not heard anything.

With a winter scheme less than 4 weeks away, I'd contact the firm and ask for an update.

Reactions: Alice94

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys ! might be a silly question but does anyone know if you can apply to two TCs (for different years) at the same firm if you are unsuccessful in one of them?
Do you mean they have applications open for 2021 and 2022 for example? If this is what you mean, I would assume you would need to look at the firm's policy on applying as many will not allow you to reapply within the same cycle. The cycle running from September 2019- July 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.