Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Guys - did anyone else who completed the WG test for CC last year just get an email with a test link? It says in the initial submission we do not need to retake if it is within two years so think this might be an error but is anyone else in the same boat?

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Guys - did anyone else who completed the WG test for CC last year just get an email with a test link? It says in the initial submission we do not need to retake if it is within two years so think this might be an error but is anyone else in the same boat?

This happened to me last year; I just emailed grad rec explaining the situation and they sorted the rest out

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
This happened to me last year; I just emailed grad rec explaining the situation and they sorted the rest out
you're a star John - thank you! Only one working day for them to do so before the test expires though (Sunday deadline) so hopefully they can sort it :/

• 🤝
Reactions: J Wu

Liliya

Dec 12, 2019
I got an email saying I passed the Clifford Chance Watson Glaser last Thursday and have been told that my application is under review. Does anyone know how soon after the deadline the firm gets back to applicants during this review period??

Reactions: EVjuji

nina_123

Distinguished Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

Submitted my A&O Summer Vac app on Saturday (7 Dec) and completed the SJT on that day too. Received an email stating that I had passed the SJT. Unfortunately, I checked the portal today and saw that my application had been rejected. They didn't send me an email tho. :(

Oh well.. onwards and upwards for the next app!! :)

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hi all,

Submitted my A&O Summer Vac app on Saturday (7 Dec) and completed the SJT on that day too. Received an email stating that I had passed the SJT. Unfortunately, I checked the portal today and saw that my application had been rejected. They didn't send me an email tho. :(

Oh well.. onwards and upwards for the next app!! :)

The same thing happened to me and they sent the rejection email a few days later.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: nina_123

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Also a quick note to say I haven’t forgotten about my promise to write up Freshfields’ tips - will have them compiled and ready for you by Monday!!

Have to say I was massively impressed with the workshop and the firm - would really encourage everybody to do some research into them if you’ve been thinking loosely about making an app!!

Faye

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Also a quick note to say I haven’t forgotten about my promise to write up Freshfields’ tips - will have them compiled and ready for you by Monday!!

Have to say I was massively impressed with the workshop and the firm - would really encourage everybody to do some research into them if you’ve been thinking loosely about making an app!!
    No need to rush the Freshfields tips Alice, have a well-deserved rest over the weekend!

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.