Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Mark, sorry to hear this. I know it sucks (if you times 3 by 10 thats how many PFOs I have faced, trust me, you become immune to them after a whi

Just talking about those stupid locks makes me so frustrated :D. If anyone managed to compete that then they deserve a TC for that alone.

If you dont mind me asking what score did you get?

You have to pass the SJT to get a mobile game invite - but the invite is automatic and the firm does not actually check so I think thats why they review it all after the deadline to get a average.
Haha I didn't want to be rude about the game but honestly it was so crap, I hated every second of it. The report they sent me after is not a true reflection of my qualities either. I doubt I have gotten through, and the only reason i have applied second time around (I applied last year) is so I could try a different game technique and see if I could get through.

I remember the first time I was really heavy handed and kept popping the balloons, not trying to take time and understand the games and also I took ages last time to keep doing levels and this time I sent myself a limit of 8 times to try and crack the safe.

I do not think I will give it a 3rd go next year if I'm still trying for the TC...

Selggib16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Has anybody heard back from CC post AC for TC? We were told we would hear *by* Friday but apparently they are not contacting anybody until the last interviews are finished? Usually successful candidates are contacted the next day or is that just for VS?

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
All those waiting for a reply after the Simmons VI. Did you manage to complete the verbal and logical tests too. I was sent the VI, logical and verbal test at the same time. They get back to you fairly quickly if you pass the tests.

hope this helps!

PhoebeL

Esteemed Member
Jan 7, 2020
Bakers AC invite! Has anyone done an AC at Bakers before? Would appreciate any help/advice!

I haven't done an AC with Bakers but attended their open day in December where they went over the AC structure and some of the things they're looking for.

From speaking to the Trainees I would advise to be yourself as each trainee I spoke to was selected because of a specific interest/ personal experience they had that brought something new to the team. I.E. one guy had been a video game tech for X years before studying the GDL.

Reactions: Dheepa
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.