Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zsaurcaks1

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 4, 2018
Anyone heard back from Dentons yet after submitting the app? (submitted almost two weeks ago now) How long did it take to receive the WG link? Haven’t gotten a link to yet and getting worried.
Hey yes, I sent the app on the 29th Dec, received the WG invite on the 2nd Jan but still waiting since completing the test last week! When did you submit?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Gosh!! There’s been a lot of activity since yesterday!! Really well done to you guys with ACs, I’m so so happy for each and every one of you and they’re so well deserved. Remember you’ve done the hard bit already!!

just wanted to say also that I’ve seen a few posts and had a few messages with concerns about first time assessment centres. I totally and completely understand how you feel and I too had similar nerves. However, honestly, beyond knowing how the ACs work perhaps, it doesn’t make a difference if it’s your first or your tenth. Sure the person assessing a tenth time has probably had more feedback along the way but you would never know their starting point within their journey. What I’m trying to say is do the prep and put in the work, try to reflect and know your own strengths and weaknesses but just go and be yourselves! All firms really want to see is personality, competence and enthusiasm when you strip it all back. Please don’t let those first time nerves cloud any of that (easier said than done 100% but try some deep breathing and have a pep talk to remind yourself that it’s not the be all and end all!!)

really best of luck to you all, rooting for you as always and so glad to see so many members having a brilliant start to 2020!!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Also guys If anyone has any tips on how to best prep for SJT interviews or if anyone did one for A&O and vaguely remembers anything at all I would be incredibly grateful to hear from any of you!! Absolutely determined to try my best with this one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.