Hello everyone!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @Plato! Welcome to TCLA- we're so glad to have you here! 😇 I secured my TC through the direct route after I completed my MSc so please feel free to tag me in your posts if you have any questions about the application process!

Reactions: Jaysen

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hi @Plato! Welcome to TCLA- we're so glad to have you here! 😇 I secured my TC through the direct route after I completed my MSc so please feel free to tag me in your posts if you have any questions about the application process!
Hello @AvniD , could you please tell me, what all firms did you apply to? And, correct me if I'm wrong but you're currently a future trainee at BM, right?

Thanks.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone! I am an overseas PhD student (philosophy) aiming to secure a TC via direct application. Thank you so much for the amazing work you are doing here and for the invaluable tips you share every day!
Hi @Plato!

Great to see you on the forum! Welcome 🙋‍♂️. I am happy to hear that you find some of the tips on here useful. When I was applying I used TCLA and found it invaluable.

As @AvniD touched on, please do feel free to tag any of the team if you have any queries. Do you know which firms you are thinking about applying to yet?

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

Plato

Dec 17, 2021
@George Maxwell Hi George (and everyone else)! Sorry for this late reply. I made an app for CC; scored in the 99th percentile on WG, thought my 600 hundred words were pretty strong, but apparently this wasn't enough. I'm confident I'll improve my writing style with time. As for the firms... well, I'm thinking of Fresh now. My choices are narrowed down to a very select group of firms, as my overseas status basically prevents me from doing any vac schemes.

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
@George Maxwell Hi George (and everyone else)! Sorry for this late reply. I made an app for CC; scored in the 99th percentile on WG, thought my 600 hundred words were pretty strong, but apparently this wasn't enough. I'm confident I'll improve my writing style with time. As for the firms... well, I'm thinking of Fresh now. My choices are narrowed down to a very select group of firms, as my overseas status basically prevents me from doing any vac schemes.
Hi @Plato,

It is lovely to hear from you! 99th percentile is seriously impressive. Wow!

Sometimes the application process can seem a little puzzling. CC's process is also hugely competitive and I think a lot of firms do place more weight on the long-form written answer(s). I am sorry to hear that your options are so limited as a result of being an international student. @AvniD is/was an international student so will be best placed to answer any questions about these sorts of complications!

Happy to answer any questions as always 😇

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.