Hello, I am applying to a TC for Browne Jacobsen and im super duper stuck on one of the applications questions. Any help on how to start or structure?

zaynaxo

Apr 15, 2023
When we launched our Powerhouse strategy back in late-2020 we wanted to introduce a set of values which not only articulated what it means to be part of the Browne Jacobson family, but also provided a central focal point by which we could all operate . These are: Inclusive, Ambitious, Collaborative, Pragmatic, Fair and Down to Earth. Please pick the two values that you feel most connected with and describe how you would 'live' these values for clients & colleagues during your career at Browne Jacobson?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn’t try to over think this.

Pick the two values you feel you are naturally aligned to most/that are closest aligned to your strengths.

And then explain how you feel you would utilise those two strengths day to day in the work you do and how you work with your colleagues and clients.

babylawyerjo

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 17, 2022

Pick the two values you feel you are naturally aligned to most/that are closest aligned to your strengths.

And then explain how you feel you would utilise those two strengths day to day in the work you do and how you work with your colleagues and clients.
would you recommend how you have done it previously?

babylawyerjo

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 17, 2022
When we launched our Powerhouse strategy back in late-2020 we wanted to introduce a set of values which not only articulated what it means to be part of the Browne Jacobson family, but also provided a central focal point by which we could all operate . These are: Inclusive, Ambitious, Collaborative, Pragmatic, Fair and Down to Earth. Please pick the two values that you feel most connected with and describe how you would 'live' these values for clients & colleagues during your career at Browne Jacobson?

Sorry, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by this. Do you mean how you have answered the question previously or by something else I have mentioned (and if so what was that specifically?)?
Sorry, @Jessica Booker I wasn't clear.

You mentioned picking 2 of Browne Jacobson's values and then explaining how you would use the 2 in day to day life at work with colleagues. I was asking if it would be a good idea to write about how I have used the two values in my day to day life.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Sorry, @Jessica Booker I wasn't clear.

You mentioned picking 2 of Browne Jacobson's values and then explaining how you would use the 2 in day to day life at work with colleagues. I was asking if it would be a good idea to write about how I have used the two values in my day to day life.
I would be more forward looking into how you would apply this at the firm rather than how you have shown these qualities previously. You can look back, but given the question is asking you to think about it at their firm, I think this should be prioritised first.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.