Hello there! ....General Keno...no no, let's keep it professional

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    Hi everyone! My name is Vugar, I am pretty new to TCLA, so I have been doing more background forum ghosting than posting or replying, but I am planning on becoming an active member and hopefully have something valuable to contribute. Been finding a lot of helpful answers through the forums and just wanted to thank you guys and everyone else for answering all of the questions and sharing insights.

I'm currently an LPC MSc student, got two exams to go! I've also got an undergrad LLB and have work experience as a legal administrator, secretary and paralegal. Non-legal work wise I've done pretty much everything under the sun. Some examples include science teacher to little children, head barista, cafe manager and hard landscaper. Essentially, I can review your legal documents and put your fence up.🤣

My goal is to qualify as a solicitor, and I'm aiming to secure a training contract with a US law firm; I find the "culture" fits me better as a person, or at least the ones I've researched. I believe the main barrier I face in my career progression is my undergrad degree classification, as I did very poorly due to mitigating circumstances (severe health issues). Having said that, I only did Vac Scheme and TC applications last year, which were not very good looking back at them now. However, this year I'm very serious about my applications, and I'm putting all my focus on them. If I can get even one vacation scheme placement, that's a win!

After the application season, I plan on applying for paralegal positions, aiming for the same US firms I made Vac/TC applications for. In the slight hope that they will offer me a TC. I will also try to find paralegal positions in other firms I think I'd like to do my TC with or firms that do (international) commercial work, so I have new things to mention in the next application cycle.

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen and AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.