Hello there!

dinoorchestra

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 5, 2023
    Hello, nice to meet you! I am a LLM Intellectual Property Law student with a slight obsession with dinosaurs (you couldn't tell, could you?). I have decided to join the forum after visiting it as a guest for the past year or so. Its been a very helpful source for me so far to keep myself motivated while applying for vacation schemes with the firms I decided on and I plan to use it as accountability tool to work more on my commercial awareness as well as Watson Glaser tests (I always do worse in the actual ones and I got to figure out why) throughout the months where the firms I'm interested in dont have any open VC applications. And obviously I'll also be here to hold myself accountable in the new application cycle!

My goal is to get a vacation scheme and training contract next year latest. I still have one application process out in the void for this year (with Osborne Clarke, post first AC), but while I would love to get a vacation scheme with them, as the firm is one of my favourites, I want to be ready for the (sadly likely) event that I will not. But fingers crossed, that maybe I am lucky and get a chance to prove myself at the second AC.

Either way, its good to meet you all and I hope I too can successfully complete my path towards a TC (either this year or next year)!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.