Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone,

The application review team is a little stumped by the phrasing of a HSF application question, so we wanted to see if anyone has spoken to graduate recruitment/gained an insight from their open day and could share any light on this.

The question on the HSF form: 'Tell us about a project that you have recently worked on or a challenge you have faced as part of a team (Up to 300 words)'

Do we take this to mean either:

1a. A project you have recently worked on; or
    1b. A challenge you have faced as part of a team

Or

2a. A project that you have recently worked on as part of a team; or
    2b. A challenge you have faced as part of a team

The issue here is if the candidate focuses on 1a, they would be missing the competency if it intended to be 2a (about teamwork).

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Hey Jaysen,

Just wanted to confirm whether that's the HSF question? From my understanding, the 3 questions of HSF are:

Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you (300 words)

Explain why you’re interested in pursuing a career at Herbert Smith Freehills (300 words)

What skills, qualities and attributes would you bring to the role? (300 words)

Reactions: sebastianyatra

armanceak

Standard Member
    Nov 13, 2020
    Hey Jaysen,

Just wanted to confirm whether that's the HSF question? From my understanding, the 3 questions of HSF are:

Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you (300 words)

Explain why you’re interested in pursuing a career at Herbert Smith Freehills (300 words)

I got these too

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey Jaysen,

It might be that they ask different questions for different programmes

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.