J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Reactions: jae, Jaysen and Salma

Zemfira

Dec 23, 2018
thank you! :)
also, it says it isn’t timed. has anyone taken it? if so, how much time did you choose to spend on it? I have a tendency to rush through things so some guidance would be useful.

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
I'm unsure regarding the practice test, but if you mean the proper test, the email you received should say, "Whilst there is no time limit, you will need to allow approximately 25-30 minutes to complete the assessment and it should be completed in one session. The time taken to complete the assessment will be recorded and reviewed as part of the scoring for the assessment"

Reactions: Salma

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys! Has anyone who has applied to HSF for the spring vacation scheme heard back from the firm post submission and passing the online test? Thanks in advance!

Eva

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Mar 24, 2018
how many questions were there for each subsection of the online test? the practice one had two for each, but i dont know if its the same for the real one

Hi there. I can't remember the exact number of questions for each subsection, but I'm pretty sure it's about 10 questions per subsection - those who have taken the test recently, do correct me if I'm wrong. It's definitely more than two.

Reactions: bob

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
thanks! out of curiosity, how similar were they to the sample test they provided? were they harder/longer or basically the same?

Hey so the real test was definitely longer than the practice. I think verbal reasoning was quite straightforward, and you can definitely get the hang of it by doing some online practice tests.

With the SJT, I am really not sure, but I think one way of prepping is to make a list of qualities they look for (from the practice test + quiz + their brochure) and try to apply them to the scenarios you get in the test. Most of the SJT was problem-solving, so try breaking down the scenario into issues, match them to specific desired qualities, and then rank each of the options accordingly? (I don't know if I am making sense, but this was roughly my approach)

With the personality questionnaire, I really have no idea, as I suppose there is no right/wrong answer? I guess being honest works well in this section; don't act like someone you are not!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    What was the outcome, as I’ve recently completed the test and haven’t heard a response back yet!
    As in did I pass the test? I did but was then rejected at the application review stage. After I submitted my application, I realised that one of my answers was missing a word and so was annoyed that they may have rejected me purely on that basis but there we go... just got to be more careful in future!

Last edited:
    Reactions: cyberjaz1116

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    As in did I pass the test? I did but was then rejected at the application review stage. After submitted my application, I realised that one of my answers was missing a word and so was annoyed that they may have rejected me purely on that basis but there we go... just got to be more careful in future!

Thank you! Ah that must be so annoying! Best of luck with your other applications :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.