Hogan Lovells vac scheme application

cgs97

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello - I'm struggling with one of the questions on the application, mostly because of the potential breadth of it! The question is:

Please detail below any further information that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application in the light of the many others we receive? What makes you stand out from the crowd?

How have other people approached this? I'm unsure whether to focus on my personal attributes, my experiences, my drive, or what. Whilst I'm proud of many things about myself, they're mostly things like academic success, work ethic, a variety of work experience etc. - and it's hard to think of any of these things as being radically different to other applicants.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello - I'm struggling with one of the questions on the application, mostly because of the potential breadth of it! The question is:

Please detail below any further information that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application in the light of the many others we receive? What makes you stand out from the crowd?

How have other people approached this? I'm unsure whether to focus on my personal attributes, my experiences, my drive, or what. Whilst I'm proud of many things about myself, they're mostly things like academic success, work ethic, a variety of work experience etc. - and it's hard to think of any of these things as being radically different to other applicants.

It’s just an opportunity for you to highlight anything you think is important that you haven’t spoken about yet - there is no set structure/approach as it will vary from candidate to candidate

Reactions: cgs97

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.