How can I identify a legal issue/development that will impact a given law firm?

folklor3

Standard Member
Feb 3, 2023
Hi there,

I'm looking at a question which says "Please write about a current issue or news story that has interested you and explain how you feel that subject matter is relevant to [insert firm]"

The trouble is I don't know where my logical starting point is when researching a question like this.. Any advice?

Furthermore, is there a specific kind of structure I should adopt?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would list down your key areas of interest in commercials law.

I would cross reference this with the firm’s strengths, whether that be practice areas or sectors

I’d then try to find a story in this pool that links to these two criteria.

In terms of structuring your answer, explain in briefly as if you were explaining it to a 16 year old with no knowledge of the topic. Then link it back to why the story will impact the firm directly or indirectly via its clients.

Reactions: Will Jones

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.