How is everybody coping with uni and applications and interviews?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this, but if I was a student again I would place applications first and uni work last!

If you cannot do the above, you need start sacrificing your time, whether that means waking up earlier than usual or sleeping later than usual! You have to sacrifice something for a few months (well 3 now) until this application craze ends.

Reactions: P. Dybala

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this, but if I was a student again I would place applications first and uni work last!

If you cannot do the above, you need start sacrificing your time, whether that means waking up earlier than usual or sleeping later than usual! You have to sacrifice something for a few months (well 3 now) until this application craze ends.

Totally agree with the above.

Not the best idea but after march interviews normally end - use march april may to do solid revision - (and honestly the stuff you learn now in lectures come exam time you wont remember anything so just focus on getting apps......(unless you got assignments then my friend....life is just about to get harder !!

Leke

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jun 24, 2018
Hey Jai C,

Have you tried spliting application work into various bits that can fit easily into daily 1:30+ or 1hr slots? Sort of like Monday-Tuesday slots sourcing info that relates to certain questions. Then Wednesday to Friday slots making statments from information. Then on Saturday reviewing the app. This way instead of spending two evenings on an app you spilt it into a week or week +.

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
@Jai C. I don’t think there’s any hack to this except making sacrifices and being disciplined, as mentioned above.

I treated my applications like a full time job. I would be at my desk at 10am and leave at 6pm Saturdays and sundays. As you can imagine, I managed to complete all first drafts within 3weeks.

I would then get the apps (I worked on 5 apps max) reviewed if possible before completing draft 2/final drafts.

Long story short, I sacrificed 2/3weeks focusing solely on apps, investing 16hours a week or more. Once they were out the way and submitted, I focused on my uni work.

I like to plan everything out visually, so creating a table with all your commitments also helps. Tick them off as you go!

Good luck!

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
Completely echo @Sandrou

I think dedicating your weekends to apps is the best way to go about it. And scheduling 1-2 hours in weekday evenings if possible - I have a full time job now so this definitely helps me.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.