HSF Winter Vacation Scheme 2023 AC Tips

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hello! I have just been invited to an AC with HSF (15th November). I would be grateful if anybody has any tips to prepare for the AC in 1 week. Thanks!
Hey @jl30,

First of all Congratulations for obtaining an AC with them. I know how hard it is to just get an AC from them so you should be so proud.

In terms of tips I would say:
  • Brush up on your commercial awareness. The HSF interview, differently from other firms, is very commercially driven so being able to confidently speak on commercial topics will make you stand out. Read the current news, try to familiarise yourself with the recent trends in the legal sector, everything that may come up in the interview is important to be familiar with. Read the firm's website and familiarise yourself with the recent deals they have worked on or court cases they have won. This will give you a sense as to what sort of commercial topics might come up!
  • Remember the reasons why you want to join the firm. Have answers ready for the typical motivations questions around the firm and why you chose them. These are easier to prepare and you have already tackled them during the application, so make sure you have the answer in your head.
  • Have examples of experiences you might want to use as examples for competency questions. This is fundamental as during the interview you might might forget about everything, but if you prepared these beforehand, you will be more luckily to remember them.
  • Make sure you know your answers in your application inside and out as these may come up in the interview. This will definitely make you stand out.
  • Always smile, be pleasant, be yourself and enthusiastic during the interview, and enjoy the day, it is a good experience regardless of the outcome, always remember that!
I hope these can help and good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.