IELTS deadline for visa application (law school)

Norturn

Premium Member
  • Aug 26, 2023
    Sorry, I know I shouldn't ask this on this forum but am getting desperate as my questions are getting ignored elsewhere.

Basically I have an ongoing application with a RG but was told they couldn't continue with my application as I didn't have IELTS. I arranged to take the IELTS on the computer but the earliest test date is 29th Aug. The results will also take 3-5 days to release.

I've read elsewhere that the deadline for IELTS to be submitted/ CAS to be issued is on 31st August. Is this true? Do university admissions take concessions and wait for my results to be out?

Thank you and I apologise again for posting this question here. I've asked the admissions but they wouldn't be in the office on Monday (bank holiday). The suspense is killing me.

BuddingLawyer

Distinguished Member
    Jul 10, 2023
    Please take a deep breath. If I was you , I would BOTH call and email the uni explaining your situation and request to put on hold issuance of CAS by a few days till IELTS results are out. When CAS arrives, if you need a visa I would pay for priority (5 days ) or super priority (1 day). There is still a month to start date so keep your cool and you should be fine. It is very important to get through to uni though. All the best.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Norturn

Premium Member
  • Aug 26, 2023
    Please take a deep breath. If I was you , I would BOTH call and email the uni explaining your situation and request to put on hold issuance of CAS by a few days till IELTS results are out. When CAS arrives, if you need a visa I would pay for priority (5 days ) or super priority (1 day). There is still a month to start date so keep your cool and you should be fine. It is very important to get through to uni though. All the best.
    Thank you! I am relieved to hear that is an option too.. especially with the part on priority visa. I will try and get to them on Tuesday after the holidays!

BuddingLawyer

Distinguished Member
    Jul 10, 2023
    Thank you! I am relieved to hear that is an option too.. especially with the part on priority visa. I will try and get to them on Tuesday after the holidays!
    I did a quick search and it looks like it depends on uni to uni. Some have had deadlines for CAS, some are flexible. Please get in touch with them quickly and explain your position.

Norturn

Premium Member
  • Aug 26, 2023
    I did a quick search and it looks like it depends on uni to uni. Some have had deadlines for CAS, some are flexible. Please get in touch with them quickly and explain your position.
    You're right! I have sent them two short emails to add in further details after knowing that they couldn't proceed with my application. I'm wondering if it's ok to send them another one laying out my situation and propose a solution in an organized and coherent manner. Or should I just wait for them to respond to me on Tuesday before probing them further?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    You're right! I have sent them two short emails to add in further details after knowing that they couldn't proceed with my application. I'm wondering if it's ok to send them another one laying out my situation and propose a solution in an organized and coherent manner. Or should I just wait for them to respond to me on Tuesday before probing them further?
    Given the urgency, I would call rather than sending another email.

Norturn

Premium Member
  • Aug 26, 2023
    Given the urgency, I would call rather than sending another email.
    Thank you for your help! I was planning to call the admissions upon viewing your reply before receiving an email from the recruitment lead asking me to arrange to take the IELTS asap. I can focus more on IELTS preparation now that the burden is off my chest.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.