If you could repeal one law, what would it be and why?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I would stress it doesn’t need to be something commercial. It could just be something you can talk about with interest/enthusiasm.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
I am struggling to creatively come up with an answer for this in a commercial context, please could someone help? Thank you
Hey @VanessaRH,

What are your thoughts on this so far?

Are there any activities that you believe should be less regulated? Where do your interests lie?

I definitely agree with Jess on this, I really do not think that it has to be commercial at all. In many ways, trying to write about something particular to you would be preferable as it gives the firm an insight into your personality (and your unique strengths).

Very happy to continue discussing this if it would be helpful 🧑‍🍳

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I am struggling to creatively come up with an answer for this in a commercial context, please could someone help? Thank you
Agree with @Jessica Booker and @George Maxwell. You could go with any law, commercial or non-commercial, as long as you're able to successfully walk the reader through your thought process and argument. Ensure you structure your answer really well. The way I'd recommend you to go about it is to state the law you would like to repeal ➡️ briefly go through the purpose it was intended to serve ➡️ evaluate whether it serves this purpose and/or its benefits are balanced against any costs that that come with its implementation ➡️ round your answer off with a brief sentence stating your core reasons for repealing the law. Does this make sense?

Reactions: George Maxwell

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.